Network Design and Planning:
• Develop comprehensive architecture plans based on business requirements
• Implement scalable and resilient network solutions (LAN, WLAN, (SD-) WAN) for both IT and OT environments
Implementation and Configuration:
• Lead the deployment of networking technologies
• Configure and optimize network devices for performance and security in both IT and OT domains
• Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
Security and Compliance:
• Create, oversee, and test security measures (e.g., access authentication and disaster recovery) for both IT and OT systems
• Ensure compliance with industry regulations across IT and OT
Troubleshooting and Optimization:
• Diagnose and resolve complex network issues in both IT and OT environments
• Optimize network performance for integrated IT and OT systems
• Monitor network performance and integrity
• Conduct capacity planning for future network needs in both IT and OT
• Recommend and implement upgrades for the converged IT and OT infrastructure
• Maintain detailed documentation of network configurations for both IT and OT
• Provide training for junior network staff covering IT and OT considerations
Collaboration and Leadership:
• Collaborate with IT and OT teams and other departments
• Coordination of suppliers and partners in the event of incidents, problem solutions and projects
• Provide leadership and guidance to junior network engineers with a focus on IT/OT integration
• Stay informed about industry trends and emerging technologies in both IT and OT
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies for integrated IT/OT solutions
• Degree in (business) informatics or similar
• CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) or CCDP (Cisco Certified Design Professional) certifications
• Additional certifications related to security (e.g., CISSP) are highly desirable
• Extensive experience in network engineering and architecture, with exposure to both IT and OT environments
• Experience in managing network and service partners
• In-depth knowledge of routing- and networking protocols (e.g. OSPF, BGP) in both IT and OT
• Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
• Familiarity with Cisco networking equipment
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Security-focused mindset with expertise in implementing security best practices
• Familiarity with access control models
• Strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, and continuous improvement
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Willingness for work effort out of regular working time (weekend, night)
• Languages: English required, German a big plus, French / Italian / Spanish a plus
With its global TOP brand, our client is one of the figureheads of the Swiss economy and employs around 15,000 people worldwide. In the course of a new appointment, we have been tasked with finding a Senior Network Architect (100%) for the Swiss branch in the Zurich region.
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed Senior Network Architect to join the IT team at our headquarters in Kilchberg (Zurich).
In this exciting role, you will take a leadership position in network architecture, ensuring efficiency, resilience, and security across both IT and OT domains. You collaborate with cross-functional teams, provide guidance and stay abreast of emerging technologies.
We will be happy to inform you about the salary and other fringe benefits during the first interview.
A well-rehearsed, qualified, and collegial team as well as a very well-positioned company that offers employees long-term perspectives. If you are eager to follow the latest developments and trends in the IT security domain resp. the Network security sector and willing to make a difference, our client is the right place to be for you!
Did we awaken your interest? Then we are looking forward to receive your application.